1. Prepare an emotional healing moon (seagull). So I did this early on last year in April, the ideas were blooming from the start and I it came out so well. I did this meditation that had everyone become a seagull. Everyone had to nourish themselves with something they need from the sea and then soar to heavens to get a message from the gods. It was beautiful and I think everyone enjoyed it very much. Since I had gotten it done early I released this goal and Mabon.
2. Working with Polar Bear energy. The card read “Stand up for yourself and speak your truth respectfully and compassionately, with no attachment to outcome.” So this card ended up being about my personal self, rather than my magical practice. I have had several encounters this year that speaking my truth has resulted in better outcomes that I expected and even the ones that ended in not so great outcomes ended with me parting ways with something or someone unnecessary in my life, so I consider this a win anyway. I didn’t realize how often I held my tongue only to blow up when it all got to be too until I stopped holding it in. So this energy has been good for me. While I am releasing this as a goal, this is an energy I plan to continue to work on in my life. I will speak my truth, for whatever the outcome may be at least it will be an honest one.
3. Read one chapter a month from Farie Teachings. So this one started off real well. Along with Meeow712 we were keeping a good pace of about a chapter a month. And kept this pace up for at least half the year. Or right up until surgery interfered. Between pain and post surgery brain, I wasn’t feeling magickal at all. Truthfully even my fictional reading slowed drastically and nothing keeps me from my smut novels, so that is saying a lot. Still I started the year with one chapter read and I am ending the year on Chapter 11, which I think is great considering. I’m going to be releasing this goal this goal and replacing it with finishing this book and starting book 2, The Tree of Enchantment. Plus Orion is coming out with a new book which I am pre-ordering tonight…Yippee, I can’t wait.
4. Read 2 other Pagan/Wiccan books. Oops, this one did not go as well as I would have liked. I will finish one book, the Candle and the Crossroad, another Orion book. I’m seeing a theme here. Still considering everything that has gone on with my ankle and the surgery I am happy with this fail. I am going to be releasing this goal though. I’m not sure if I going to add another similar one or if I just going to go with the reading flow. Must think about this....
5. Work with Zeus and Hades connection. So this sort of went nowhere, while I have a working small and shared altar for Zeus and outside area for offerings to Hades and have been keeping up with offerings as I have felt the need to, but I have come to the conclusion and they have played a big part of number 2. I think I have needed their help and energy to tap into the polar bear’s energy. This feels right and ties into the feeling I had from the beginning. I felt that I had something to figure out with their energy and I am pretty sure I’ve done that. I’m going to release this goal as well. I don’ plan to stop working with them, but I don’t feel the need to make it a goal at least not for the next year.
6. Keep working with Hecate, a. organize a better offering at TTT, b. continue working on regular practice, c. attend at least one Numenia. So I’m really happy with this goal. The offering at TTT was better organized, in the TTT program and was attended by around 30 people. It was awesome. My regular practice has continued quite well and even when I wasn’t able to do so because of my surgery, she pulled at hubby so he was bringing her offerings. As for the Numenia, I believe I only got to attend one, so at least I accomplished that. Plus she got a whole ritual at TTT which I participated in, so I repeat I am really happy with how goal worked out. Working with Hecate has been on my goals list for several years. This is a goal I am going to have to think about. I’m releasing this one specifically and I feel like I am in a really good place with my working with her, but I am not sure I don’t want to have a goal that involves working with her. Must consider.
7. Become more involved in pagan community, EMLC/TTT. I think I did well on this goal. I only got to one EMLC meeting which I am not happy with, but I did do a workshop at TTT, help out in main ritual and in planning main ritual, run the wreath contest again and I am hoping to contribute a poem to the EMLC podcast for Imbolc. I’m just waiting to hear back on a technical issue to be able to send it off. I’m keeping this goal. I want to be more active in the community and feel I need to keep working on it so, so while happy this goal is staying on the books.
8. Get a butterfly tattoo for Psyche – DONE and so BEAUTIFUL. I love my tattoo. I am so happy with it I just love to look at it. Psyche is happy to. Of course now I want like twenty other tattoos, I want keys, a tree of life, a Disney tattoo (undecided what), hearts, and like a million other things. Must pace myself….. plus hubby and I have a deal. One tattoo me, one tattoo him and with money tight its limited funds for tattooing. But I can’t wait for my next one. I released this goal to at Mabon, so yeah me.
9. Draw up an official will – Still have not accomplished this one. This may have to roll over till next year (I still have a few weeks left before Imbolc), but it will get done. Thinking of buying the software to make them up and do it ourselves and get then get a few copies notarized. This may be the best solution.
10. Continue working on health – Ok so this one got a lot more complicated than just dieting like I expected. My ankle needed a whole work up to it and I consider this working on my health since a bad ankle means having issues exercising, but my dieting went nowhere. It’s so hard to diet and put the energy into it when you’re in pain and unable to do the simplest things like walking or showering on your own. Still I think I am back on track with this for now as I am starting to walk more and eat healthier again since I can control what I feed myself rather than rely on my mom’s cooking or my hubby making something specific for me to avoid mom’s cooking. He’s been great this year with all this, so to add one more thing to his plate seemed cruel. Still I am going to release this goal and replace it with something a little more specific. Do yoga once a week, keep journaling my food since it helps keep track of calories), or something along those lines. This may even turn into a few different goals
11. Go back to school – ok so this is not going to happen. Originally I thought that I might find and on line course to finish my bachelors, but unless I go into Criminal Justice, nothing a FIU would talking me anywhere I would want to go and Criminal Justice will only help me if my office makes changes and I can take that and some account courses to go further in my current unit at work. Currently this will not help. So at Mabon I decided to change this to start Georgian training, which means I have to officially ask to start taking Georgian training…which I was totally going to do, as soon as I felt up to it after surgery, which I have not felt up to tackling at all, up to now. So I will consider this goal incomplete, but I will officially asking my HP/HPS before Imbolc arrives.
In wrap up I am happy with my goal list for 2014, even with the surgery adding major hiccups to the goals I got a lot accomplished and I am happy with this. Now it’s time to start working on my 2015 goals list. Can’t wait to find out what do I plan to accomplish this year!!!!